Key Aspects of JEE 2016 Students Would Do Well To Know
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is probably one of the toughest as well as one of the prestigious exams ever. It is the standardized test for getting admission into various engineering and technical educational institutes across the country conducted by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Examination). Being an IITian is in every student’s wish list because the degree fetches you a high paying job in big companies like Facebook, Google, Microsoft, and ensures a bright future. JEE entrance exam has two tiers – JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. Aspiring students appear for it, but only a handful of them gets selected.
Requirements to crack JEE?
When it comes to competitive exams such as JEE, where the number of students going to the advanced level is about 15% of the students appeared, one needs to be more focused. The cornerstones of success in such competitive exams are “Study, Practice and Analyze”. The students must follow a strategic approach. This is meant for those who dedicate themselves into preparation. It is wise to start your preparation from the start. It is good to commence your journey with a companion who can assist you at the every level. Identifying the right coaching institute is the first step to success. Whether online or offline, you need to get proper coaching so as to get proper guidance.
Why is it difficult to clear JEE?
The craze of IITs among engineering aspirants is increasing with every passing year. However, the difficulty level of this entrance exam is always a roadblock. The multiple reasons for the uncertainty involved in clearing JEE are stated below:
- Extensive Syllabus
- Tricky and brain twisting questions
- Limited time allotted to solve so many questions.
- Less amount of seats and most of them occupied through reservation.
Tips to Crack JEE, JEE Main, JEE Advanced, 2016
Scoring well in the JEE 2016 is no mean feat due to the above mentioned points relating to uncertainty. However, it still can be tackled with a few tricks up your sleeve. Before starting preparation, there are certain do’s and don’t’s that candidates should keep in mind:
- Create a timetable which should have equal distribution of hours for each subject. Create a systematic and realistic time plan for JEE 2016 preparation.
- Always start from basics. Without understanding basics, you won’t be able to solve advanced problems.
- Always give importance in time management. In Maths, use short methods for calculations, skip irrelevant steps to save time.
- Speed and accuracy are an important aspect, which comes from an extensive practice of similar questions.
- Mock tests are crucial. It will give you an idea of what to expect in the actual exam. This will greatly reduce your anxiety itself. It will also help you in knowing your short comings.
- Select your questions wisely. If you solve easy and average questions first, you can easily get through. You may attempt difficult ones later, as it saves time and you can even revise.
Remain cool and calm, be confident, read questions carefully before solving, work out a strategy in mind and use it while solving the paper. If these key aspects discussed here can be kept in mind, one can very well get through JEE. The competition has become fierce across the country to grab that one seat over which thousands are fighting. A well-framed plan will keep you focused and help you achieve that most coveted seat. Gather and implement tips, gain confidence, be positive, and you will ace JEE, JEE Main, JEE Advanced 2016.